It really does take a village....

The world can be a strange place for a new and "new again" parents---especially finding that balance between your old life and new life. Any tips would be helpful so please share!

The 411 on Rhea Lana's vs Duck Duck Goose

I am a saver.  I do consignment. I love it.  I remember having NOTHING as far as baby equipment and feeling like my eyes were going to bug out of my head when I saw the prices of pumps, furniture, and Baby Einstein toys.  But let's face it, these things are important.  If you're like me and need a run down-here are basics of what you can find there--

Nursing?  --Get the BEST pump you can find because it will be worth it IF you want to buy a used pump.  I bought one and never had a problem out of it.  I got a Medela Pump In Style Advance for $150 vs $350.
Bottles:  Do yourself a favor and get the easy to clean ones and a good bottle brush. (Don't buy at consignment just throwing that in there.
Changing Station and Crib:  You will use this everyday--be sure to get a dark colored changing pad cover.
Rocking Chair:  SO HELPFUL in soothing baby in the middle of the night when you are exhausted.  (I got mine from a garage sale for $40 but they had a good selection.)
Baby Einstein Play Gym:  My daughter started using this at about a month old.  When we positioned her where she could kick one of the arms and the star would light up--she instantly started learning motor skills.  WOW!  Price $16.
Car Seat and Base (I suggest getting the Stroller combo):  Get the Car Seat at Target or Wal-Mart, get an extra base at consignment for around $25.
Swing:  The most used asset in their first 4 months on the earth.  Found a top of the line one for $40.
Baby Bath Tub:  Great condition, $8.

All in All going consignment we paid under $400 for the ENTIRE nursery down to the curtains---this not including shower and mother/mother-in-law gifts.

My advice----

Rhea Lana's is really the place to buy your equipment.  You can get a New Mommies pass if you sign up with them ahead of time. 
http://rhealana.com/

Duck Duck Goose is a clothing bomb.  You can find any size, shape, style there.  They are more organized with their lines and quicker in and out.  If you go really early they have equipment but it goes fast. 
http://www.duckduckgoosesale.com/


Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment